31 May 2008

Outdoor Art

With the nice weather (and Liam happily napping in his swing in the doorway), Julia and I took our craft morning outside. I gave her a sponge brush and fingerpaint (washable, of course), and I let her paint the outside of our kitchen window. This was the longest I've seen her interested in an art project! She carefully painted bright patterns and thought it was really cool when it dried because it looked like stained glass. The best part was that she enjoyed the clean-up effort (I gave her another paintbrush and a bucket of water, and she "painted" it clean).Continuing with our graffiti theme for the morning (and hoping it won't lead to delinquency in her teenage years...), we moved on to covering the patio with chalk drawings.

Note: the "bruise" above her eye is actually just finger paint. (a real one came later, but the tale of that fall will have to be left for another post).

No comments: