16 August 2008

We Made It!!

Greetings from The U.S. of A!! 1 mother, 1 grandmother, 2 children, 4 flights, 6 bags, and many, many, many hours of travel time...and we have finally made it back to Mississippi. It was certainly not an easy journey, but Julia and Liam (and Nana!) were real troopers the whole way. The kiddos even managed to get almost a full nights sleep on the long haul from Auckland to Los Angeles (albeit both of them were pretty much in my lap so I didn't get sleep, but I did get to catch up on some of the many movies I've missed recently).

When we finally got to Houston and were waiting on the plane for the final leg of the trip, the time difference had really hit. It was nearly 10pm there but about 6am (Julia's normal wake-up time) in Australia. We were sitting at the very front of the airplane, and as people boarded, Julia loudly and happily greeted everyone with "Morning!" That didn't bode well for my plans to get her to sleep as soon as we got home!

Both children were so happy to make it to my parents house. G-da (my dad) met us at the airport, and Julia was thrilled to see him! He had a whole array of toys waiting for her at home, including a new doll, and she was settled in in no time at all. We did finally manage to get to sleep at 3 a.m. last night, and Julia is still sleeping (it's almost noon!) Thank goodness I have a big bed in my old room here though! All routines went out the window last night in my jet-lagged zombie state, so Julia AND Liam and the new doll and the old doll and one of my dolls from childhood and Julia's "ningy" (bunny) all slept with me last night!

Pictures from Mississippi coming soon...

No comments: