30 January 2009

I Would Walk 500 Miles...

Okay, so not 500 miles. Just 2 steps. But in the world of this 11-month-old little boy, that's a lot. Yes, that's right. Mr. Liam took his first 2 steps today! He must have woken up this morning saying, "Hey, I think I'll walk today" because right from the start our day was different. For months he has been able to pull up and walk along the furniture, but this morning he simply stood up unassisted. Then a few hours later while playing out on the patio, he stood up again and then took two strong steps forward before standing still a moment and then sitting right back down. When I cheered him on, he just looked up at me like, "Yeah, I know I'm clever" and then proceeded to eat a stick of chalk like it was a banana (just when you think they're moving out of the baby stage..." ;-)

Of course, I didn't have the video camera handy for his first steps, but here's another one of the funny little man practicing his favorite sport of wrestling (on his favorite sheepskin rug):

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is so funny. He reminds me of favorite cats and dogs that we have had, but none has ever had such a winsome smile.