01 February 2008

9 Months and Counting...

Playtime is much more stationary now that I'm in my 9th month of pregnancy. Julia's pretty good about bringing me her toys so that we can play together, and she lets me just ooh and ahh over her creations and make funny faces at her rather than our old games which involved a lot more chasing and motions (I'm very appreciative!). She initiated a new game yesterday, though. She came up and pressed her nose up against my nose and would close and open her eyes and then wait for me to do the same in time with her. So simple, and yet she found it hilarious!



Matt thought this picture was funny cause it looks like Julia's telling us, "Mama's belly is THIS big!"


















Julia loves story time and manages to squeeze herself onto what little bit remains of my lap. This was as we were winding down last night after her bath. Her favorite book right now is a Maisy (Aussie TV show) sticker book. Even though we've already put all the stickers in place, she still loves it, and we read it at least 17 times each day!

3 comments:

Brink said...

You look wonderful!!

Unknown said...

Laura,
That game that Julia "invented" is the one your grandaddy used to play with us called "Owl Eye," a game that he played also with you when you were a little girl. When you both open your eyes at the same time, say "owl eye." Daddy learned it from his parents. No telling how many generations back it goes. I wonder what other fun games will emerge from the gene pool!
We can't wait to be there with you.
Mama

Unknown said...

lovely! can't wait to join thr party! Daddy/Grandaddy